Electric Boilers: The Sustainable Heating Solution

  • Added:
    Apr 08, 2014
  • Article Views:
    1315
  • Word Count:
    409
Electric Boilers: The Sustainable Heating Solution Photo by Colin Armstrong

According to The Guardian, the average UK individual carbon footprint is 16.28 tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2) a year; around 27 per cent of the CO2 produced in this country comes directly from household energy use.

By making our households more efficient, we can make huge reductions in the CO2 emissions produced in the UK and help provide a better planet for future generations. One of the best ways to slash CO2 in the long term is by switching to sustainable energy and installing an electric heating boiler.

The Long Term Need for Electric Heating

Along with the overuse of appliances, the energy we use to heat our homes is the biggest reason for our large individual carbon footprint. The easiest way to collectively slash carbon emissions in the UK would be if we all just stopped using our central heating systems but, of course, this is not possible. We need to heat our homes and have hot water all year round; there is no getting away from that. We just need to supply it in a more sustainable way,which means reducing our reliance on fossil fuels such as coal, gas, and oil.

In the long run, the use of fossil fuels will decrease. Experts predict that, with increasing demand, oil could be depleted by 2055 and natural gas by 2072.  As electricity is capable of being generated from renewable energy sources such as wind, more heating will be supplied in this manner.

Electric Combi Boilers

As a home owner, regardless of what type of heating system you use, the first thing you should do to help reduce CO2 emissions is to ensure your home is properly insulated. The more heat that escapes from your property, the more energy you use.

The second thing you should do is install an electric combi boiler.

Combi, or combination, boilers are designed to heat hot water and run the heating; however, unlike gas systems they require no water tank. Electric boilers require none of the pipework needed for traditional wet systems and are much easier to install as a result – 90 per cent of the installation being mechanical and the remaining 10 per cent electrical.The most crucial aspect of all, however, is the fact that these boilers emit no harmful fumes or gases into the atmosphere.

An electric heating boiler does cost more to run than a gas equivalent, but it is cheaper to buy and install. Besides, as a long-term sustainable heating solution, there really is no other choice.

Author's Profile

In this Article author talk about Electric Boilers. Electric Heating Supplies (EHS) is a leading electric heating supplier, specialising in the provision and installation of electric boilers and electric combi boilers.


Please Rate this Article
Poor Excellent