Causes of Low Testosterone
Testosterone, as we all know, is the hormone that's responsible for building muscles, strengthening bones, and most importantly, for the development of secondary male characteristics. But with growing age, many men notice a dip in their testosterone levels. Most people blame reduced levels on increasing age. While this is largely true, there are other important factors often overlooked by men which can cause low testosterone levels. Let's take a look at what they are.
Causes of Low Testosterone
- Aging: Reported by many as the number one cause, testosterone production gradually reduces as men enter their late 30s. Glands do not function optimally once males reach 40s and 50s, and this is seen as an important factor in the dip in testosterone levels.
- Heredity: Genetics also often play an important role in reduced testosterone. Kallmann's syndrome is one such genetic condition, which results in hypogonadism, and eventually low testosterone levels. Another example is the Prader-Willi syndrome, a congenital defect in which sex glands do not produce hormones.
- Certain diseases like mumps, tuberculosis, meningitis, liver and kidney disease, and AIDS may result in some damage to the testicles, which can have a direct impact on the production of testosterone.
- Medical conditions like diabetes, coronary artery disease, obesity, and hypertension can all be causes for low testosterone levels.
- Injury to the testicles may result in permanent damage to these organs which may adversely affect the production of testosterone.
- Testicular cancer can also produce lower-than-normal testosterone levels. Sometimes, treatment for testicular cancer can also lower the level of testosterone in males.
- In some cases, long-term exposure to toxic or man-made chemicals can hamper the functioning of the endocrine system, thereby resulting in low testosterone.
If you've been experiencing a decrease in testosterone levels, you can talk to your doctor who can guide you on the best way to increase the levels. Apart from making dietary changes, you can even start taking supplements which are specifically used to boost falling testosterone levels. Ageless Male is one such supplement which is known to have a positive effect by increasing testosterone levels. It can be taken by all men, regardless of their age.
Apart from increasing testosterone levels, Ageless Male supplement reviews indicate that the product also helps in enhancing sexual libido and energy. So if you feel you're showing signs of low testosterone, do not wait to consult your doctor and get yourself examined, as low testosterone is directly associated with poor libido, weak bones, and a reduced sense of well-being.